CCR and its affiliated Centers are committed, caring and responsive to treating people with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, citizenship or knowledge of the English language.
CCR and its affiliated Centers:
- Provide aids and services free of charge to our residents, patients, family members and visitors with disabilities so that we can communicate effectively, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats, for example large print, audio and accessible electronic formats
- Provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English using:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these aids or services, please notify your assigned “Connect N Care” contact, your direct caregiver, the Nursing Unit Coordinator, the Director or Assistant Director of Nursing, the Director of Social Work or the Administrator.
If you believe that these services were not properly provided or that you were discriminated in another way, you can file a grievance with:
CCR’s Compliance Officer
5372 Fallowater Lane
Roanoke, VA 24018
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Compliance Team is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html